A musical palindrome, the Quartal scale is based on intervals of fourths and fifths. Its smooth and serene sound captivated American composers, notably Aaron Copland and Paul Hindemith, in the early twentieth century.
This chime has: 6 tempered aluminum alloy tubes
Tough synthetic cording Solid polyethylene clappers for superior tonal quality
Dimensions: 108 inches long ; 3 1/2" tube diameter
Proudly Made in the USA
This majestic chime is large in sound and size.
9 Feet of beauty for your eyes and ears!
This chime has a deep voice and excellent sustain.
The Contrabass is available in "Quartal" tuning only.
Music Of The Spheres ContraBass Chime comes in Quartal tuning only.
* 6 tempered aluminum alloy tubes custom manufacturered and will never rust
* Corrosion-protective finish preserves appearance and durability in hostile environments
* Durable, tough synthetic cording is resistant to abrasion, ultra-violet degradation, rot and mildew
* Solid polyethylene clappers for superior tonal quality and outdoor durability
* The clapper slides on the central cord up into the ring creating an "off/on" feature
* Central tube suspension with smoothly polished tube ends prevent cord abrasion
* Each tube is cut and hand tuned using intonation, except whole tone scales
* Tubes are tuned to A440, standard orchestral pitch
* Windcatchers are made of the same finish and material as the tubes
* Windcatchers are the ideal size, weight, and shape for optimal chime performance in 8-10 mph wind
* The windcatchers hook assembly can vary the chime's activity level
* Windcatchers can be removed to subdue chime activity under blustery conditions
* Heavy gauge polished stainless steel rings provide sturdy support
* Contrabass Range
* 108 inches overall length
* 3 1/2 inch tube diameter
* Longest tube is 70 inches
* 105 pounds shipping weight
* Model Number: CTB
**The length of a wind chime is measured by the overall length of the chime (hanging ring to the end of the wind sail), not the tube length.